A healthy body weight is necessary for health and well being.
In general obesity and overweight is caused by energy imbalance. It means that intake of energy exceeds enery expenditure in time.
Obesity in children can be caused by poor intrauterine nutrition of mother, low birth weight, the period of adiposity in ages 5 -7, absence of mother milk, less physical activity and diet.
Therefore healthy nutrition and healthy physical activity are important factors to prevent weigh gain.
Obesity and overweight can cause health problems including type 2 diabetes, coronary heart diseases and some cancers.
The managing the obesity and overweight; there should be some changes in eating and activity process: ·
- Define what you eat and drink.
- Define how much you eat and drink.
- Define what you should eat and drink.
- Define how much you should eat and drink.
- Define a personalized daily diet plan with different choices.
- Your physical activity level.
- Check regularly your body weight.
- Less eat sweets, sugary drinks, fatty foods.
- Consume more fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Check calories and consume less calorie foods.
- Change your diet daily and make different choices and rotate them each day.
- Choice healthy foods when you eat outside.
- Increase your physical activity and exercise.
- Reduce the screen time; the amount of time you spend being sedentary for computers, televisions, on table, at home etc.
- Limit your screen time to 2 hours per day. Walking, dancing, playing with kids etc can be choices.
- Limit eating during screen time.
- Gradually increase your physical activity each day.
- Increase gradually physical activity and sport for you and your family members each day.
- Optimal growth and development in children and young people requires healthy physical activity.
- The families should create supportive environments for healthy physical activity for their children.
- Consume fruits and vegetables 5 times a day at least.